It’s Book Lovers Day and it’s late summer. Most of your bosses and co-workers have started feeling the end of summer/taking the last of long weekend vacays to the beach before kiddies are off to school. Maybe you are a freelancer like me, and suddenly you have some free-time to work on your web site, your portfolio, catch up on Netflix, and of course pick up a book!
Late Summer Reading List
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Americanah by Chimananda Ngozi Adichie
- We Never Meeting in Real Life Essays By Samantha Irby
- The Awkward Thoughts of W. Kamau Bell: Tales of a 6′ 4″, African American, Heterosexual, Cisgender, Left-Leaning, Asthmatic, Black and Proud Blerd, Mama’s Boy, Dad, and Stand-Up Comedian by W. Kamau Bell
- This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare Hardcover – May 1, 2017by Gabourey Sidibe
- LIFT-THE-FLAP AND COLOR: OCEAN & LIFT-THE-FLAP AND COLOR: JUNGLE (Kids Book) By Alice Bowsher
- Action, Time, Vision edited by Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy
- Herb Lubalin: Typographer edited by Adrian Shaughnessy and Tony Brook
- The Cooking Gene: A Journey Through African American Culinary History in the Old Sout by Michael W. Twitty
Happy reading and stay cool!